A story about you

(Afterlife depiction) (Second person POV) (Koit) (Zeno mention) (Clock mention)

You died.

This is just a fact, there isn’t much point dodging around it.

Before you learned that he wasn’t trustworthy, before you learned that most people aren’t trustworthy, you worked under a man by the name of Doctor Morton Clockwork. And due to a combination of your own misplaced trust and blatant stupidity, you ended up loosing your only life. It wasn’t for very long, even accounting for the huge time dilation. (You heard once that 1 day was 1 month in limbo) You were only dead for a few seconds, or a few minutes from your perspective, and even then it wasn’t very bad. It was just- a house. A cold and foggy house, yes, one where you couldn’t remember anything, true, but it’s not like you can normally remember much, honestly pretty underwhelming.

And yet- you still have nightmares about it. Where your back in that house, and the cold fog is like chains around your throat, and you are so certain that no one has ever, or will ever, care about you, and instead of the odd white streak, your whole hair’s gone white, and your holding that damned tape recorder, and you wake up sweating. And the worst part is that you think it wasn’t all bad, that nothing could hurt you there. It’s not like the one who revived you in the first place has visited you that much. Maybe you should of stayed there.

The fear is there but it’s- softer. Beckoning.

And then you shake your head, get dressed and brush your teeth, and go about your day normally. There’s no point on dwelling on “what ifs”

But you can’t help but wonder.